Keeping up with... my garden

The garden is growing like crazy and tonight my daughter asked me if we are farmers now! I guess I've been in the garden a lot... but I have to say it's not as much work as I thought it would be. I weed and fertilize once a week and the timer/ motion sprinklers do the rest. {Plus, gardening is relaxing, encourages healthy eating and vegetable trading with neighbors... and gets you a little healthy tan too.}

It's a little hectic because so many plants are squeezed in there... but it works.
We added an old fire escape ladder since our garden is about 6 ft. lower than our yard.

after:

before: {yuck!}
 

Here is the Scarecrow motion activated sprinkler that scares away *all* the critters that make it through the fence.
Totally worth every penny.

This side is veggies and fruit:
green beans, zucchini, watermelon, carrots, tomatoes {5 kinds}, cucumbers, pumpkins,
lettuce {3 kinds}, and hot peppers.

This side is all herbs:
fennel, dill, basil, sage {3 kinds}, chives, rosemary, tarragon, and cilantro.

Peyton picked some lettuce for tonight. 


The weekend is almost here...

No comments:

Post a Comment