Christmas photo chaos


I was inspired by a Christmas photo on Pinterest and I just *had* to do it right then. Mmm hmm. You know the one- the kids are infront of the tree and the Christmas lights are fuzzy circles in the background and the lighting is just right.
*Everyone* is smiling.
 Here is how it went:
{Darn, we didn't have a Christmas tree yet...I'll improvise with my small pre-lit one.}
1. Look for tree in various closets. The strand of lights are burned out on the pre- lit tree.
2. Spend too much time cutting out said light strand.
3. Go to the closet to find a replacement strand. I can only reach the first bin but that's okay because I found 2 strands. Sweeeet. 
4. Plug in each strand only to find that they are half lit. Awesome.
5. Scrap the Christmas tree light idea and wing it.
6. The camera battery isn't charged.
7. Decide that today isn't the day for this and wait for the weekend... or next year.

True story. 
My back-up plan: use my handy camera timer and take some quick outdoor pictures of the three of us. Then search and search on Simply to Impress for something a little glittery. Done.
 via

I hope all your holiday shopping is coming along better that my Pinterest project!
*   *   *

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I cant even get it together for a New Years card lol! Cheers to a happy healthy 2015

    ReplyDelete