Design Star

So my husband came home from work the other day and told me that my co-workers started a pool for Design Star and that we each have a designer. (... and yes, I work with my husband!) I've never seen the show before, but I was super excited! I think a lot of interior designers feel like their life *is* HGTV so going home to watch more interior design projects feels like overkill. Or maybe I'm the only one that feels like this!? 

So, the best part is my husband chose Kellie for me (since it was my day off) and I think that's who I would have chosen! It will be fun to see who gets booted off each week and to chat with co-workers about the *design crimes*.


Kellie
Age: 33
Hometown: Edmond, Okla.
A self-described "fireball," this married mom of two says people sometimes underestimate her design talent. Originally from Arkansas, Kellie grew up in an artistic family. Her parents were artists and allowed Kellie to mix paints and create artwork in their studio. Kellie, who holds a degree in interior design from the University of Central Arkansas, has more than 10 years of professional experience as a designer with a residential builder. She calls her design style "warm contemporary" — that is, it includes lots of color and whimsical touches.

 I like this room from Kellie's portfolio: (sans the lampshades!)


Here is the bonus room before:
 
 After: 
 
 The made use of the spot under the stairs because the view out that window is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment