Happy Thanksgiving



We have had such are relaxing morning. It's 11 and all I have managed to do is make coffee, destroy the kitchen, I mean cook in the kitchen, clean up that mess, and then watch the parade with my daughter. We usually host, so it's been a nice break.

This year I *perfected* my vegan shepards pie. A layer of roasted walnuts, carmelized onions mushrooms, celery, carrots, and peas... topped off with garlic mashed potatoes. Yum! I've been modifying the recipe for years, but I never write it down... so each year I forget the changes I made... you see where this is going. This year I took notes. Ta dah. 



My mother-in-law gave one of her horses, Wynn to the Detroit police a few years ago. We visit him from time to time and we always try to spot him in the Thanksgiving Day parade each year.



Isn't he a beauty?


Happy Thanksgiving!

*   *   *







No comments:

Post a Comment