Fun day in Detroit

You will *never* hear this on the news: Detroit is having a major awakening with new restaurants, art galleries, and tons of new creative small businesses. 
{You will hear about Kwame Kilpatrick, bankruptcy, blah, blah, blah.}




Detroit's Eastern Market is the largest farmers market in the nation, with more than 40,000 visitors on the weekend. It's a party.








Detroit is home to Supino Pizza, New York style pizza at its best. 
{I just wish I was there when Natalie Portman happened to walk in!}



One of my favorite creative small businesses is Detroit Wallpaper Company, for its sustainable design and to-die-for patterns. Seriously. You can create your own pattern or customize the color scheme. 
I would have a different pattern in each room if I could. 
{I have plans for some of their patterns for our basement remodel...coming soon!}






  *    *    *
from Motown to Grow TownFrom Motown to Grow TownFrom Motown to Grow Town

No comments:

Post a Comment